Lola Sherunkova (@LolkaSher) is a New York-based vegan, sustainable fashion and skincare influencer, and the co-founder of Yuve, a brand of vegan supplements. She is a creator of delicious plant-based recipes and a mother of an orange tabby cat. Here is her recipe for Raw Chocolate Protein Bars with Dates.
“These days we all know someone who is on vegan, gluten-free, raw, keto or paleo diet. Fortunately, some grocery shops and restaurants offer many choices to their consumers. However, the amount of sugar in most of the products is extremely high! (Please read the labels carefully) Here is where the homemade products step in. My dear friends let me introduce you to the Raw Chocolate Protein Bars with Dates, the best tasting dessert without added sugar.
This recipe is simple, delicious and nutritious, and it is 100% vegan! Do not feel guilty if you ate an extra bar. Instead, indulge yourself in your favourite chocolate pleasure and get healthier. This treat is perfect for those who follow any sport diet and count calories. The Raw Chocolate Protein Bars’ ingredients can be easily calculated and registered in Fitness Pal or any other nutrition app you use. Protein bars are such an amazing pre-made snack option for every one. Simply store these bars in the fridge/freezer and grab them with you on the go. Sounds good? Here is the recipe.
◦ 1 cup oats
◦ ½ scoop Yuve Vegan Protein Powder - Chocolate
◦ ¼ cup cocoa powder
◦ 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 30 minutes
◦ 1/2 cup chopped pecans
◦ ½ cup shredded coconut
◦ 1 tsp. vanilla extract
◦ ½ tsp. salt
◦ Water as needed (up to ¼ cup)
◦ Add protein powder and cocoa powder and blend again.
◦ Add soaked and drained dates and the rest of the ingredients to the mix and blend again until a dough form. Add some water if needed.
◦ Place dough on a straight surface with in a parchment paper in a form of a brick. Cover it with another sheet of parchment paper and store it in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
◦ Cut the “brick” into small pieces. Keep in the fridge for 5 days or for a month in freezer.”
Article by Lola Sherunkova (@LolkaSher)
To learn more about Ere Perez, click here.
Sigue aquí el blog en español.