You don’t have to be a total health nut, suddenly go vegan or vow to run 10 kms a day. You just have to make some minor adjustments and be good to yourself. Being healthy is actually EASY...
Getting healthy and changing to a healthier regime can be quite daunting. That’s why our New Year’s Resolutions so often fail. We simply ask too much of ourselves and end up giving up and going back to our old ways. The trick is to try not to overcomplicate your new year’s health regime. Don’t set unachievable goals. Just aim to make some easy adjustments.
Here are some of the easiest ways to get healthy for 2015.
1. Water - there’s no real minimum or maximum you have to drink every day. Everyone is different. But as long as your pee is clear and light in colour, you’re drinking enough!!
2. Juice – we don’t mean cartons of concentrated juice that’s full of sugar, we’re talking good old-fashioned home-juiced raw veggies! A juice every morning will set you up for the day.
3. Limit your caffeine. Don’t give up, just try to cut one cup a day.
4. Salad – have it daily, for lunch or dinner. Dress it up with grilled or poached chicken, nuts, tuna or warm roasted pumpkin and pine nuts; fill it full of your favourite raw foods. Making one of your daily meals a salad will make you feel great.
5. Don’t eat late – it’s a simple rule. If you know you’re going to get home late, have your main meal at lunchtime. Eat before 7pm if you can and if you are eating later, try to limit carbs. The earlier you eat, the more time your body has to deal with it before it goes to sleep!
6. Time out. Take 15 minutes at some point in the day to just chill with your eyes shut and your mind blank. Yes this is basically called meditating, but call it what you will, it’s just giving your body and mind a chance to stop for a minute or two.
7. Walk – walking it THE best thing to do for overall health. Get out in the fresh air; think your thoughts; relax and unwind. 30 minutes a day is great. Walk instead of getting the bus or a taxi; get up half an hour earlier and walk the coastal path or round your local park.
8. Sleep – go to bed half an hour earlier than you usually do. Try to get seven hours. If you have a busy job it's almost impossible to get eight hours' sleep, except for on weekends. Seven hours is more achievable.
9. Be kind to others – it sounds weird, but if you are a nice person and are kind to other people, you feel so much better! And Karma is a great thing.
10. Be kind to yourself – don’t beat yourself up. If you have an unhealthy day, don’t punish yourself. Just start the new day afresh and your body will soon forgive you. Start the day with a moment of harmony. Be at peace with yourself and the world will be at peace with you!
Mejor Salud en este 2015 ¡En 10 simples pasos!
No tienes que convertirte en un experto en salud, volverte vegetariano o salir a correr 10 km diarios para estar saludable. Lo único que tienes que hacer es pequeños cambios en tu estilo de vida, estar saludable es más fácil de lo que parece si empiezas poco a poco.
Cambiar por completo nuestros hábitos diarios puede parecer imposible, es por eso que nuestros propósitos de Año Nuevo casi siempre fallan. Le pedimos demasiado a nuestro cuerpo así que terminamos rindiéndonos y regresando a nuestras rutinas habituales.
Sigue estos 10 simples pasos que te llevarán a una vida más sana este 2015: