i am perfect with my imperfections
Cynthia Landa is a mum, she practices meditation and yoga. She shares with us the importance of self-love.
"What do you see when you look in the mirror? Are you being kind to yourself?
Did you know that 9 out of 10 women don’t like looking at themselves in the mirror?
Advertising, marketing and fashion trends have created an unrealistic definition of “the perfect woman”. This false standard of beauty puts enormous pressure on us to try and conform. Our efforts to be something we are not affects us physically and emotionally, and can lead to nutritional imbalance, depression and anxiety. We judge ourselves harshly and become our own worst critics. Now let’s put these judgements aside. Take a moment to observe nature: a flower, a tree, a lake… Take time to notice all the details.
As you can see, everything in nature:
2. IS UNIQUE AND PERFECT. Mountains, waterfalls, fruit: everything you see has its own shape, imperfections and differences, and it still looks perfect.
3. GIVES ENERGY. Plants are growing thanks to the soils, and they give oxygen. The rivers flow and give a place for the fish to live, the bees take from the flowers to help them pollinate.
Just like nature, you too are perfect because:
1. YOU LIVE: Life has given us a body and a mind, to know our limits and go past them. We can change our emotions, our thoughts, our actions. You live in your body and you get to know it and love it, a vehicle that we need to care for.
2. YOUR ARE UNIQUE AND PERFECT. Forget your height and weight: we are all perfect with our differences, as unique as everything in nature. We come from nature, we are a miracle of life, and life itself is a miracle and a gift.
3. YOU GIVE AND YOU RECEIVE. Give love around you, without expecting anything in return, and be surprised.
To love oneself is essential… How can we love others if we don’t love ourselves? We can’t give what we don’t have. When we have unconditional love for ourselves, we are more able to accept others and have compassion.
Love yourself, you’re perfect with your imperfections. That’s what makes you unique. Remember you are nature and wisdom.
Article by Cynthia Landa: Instagram.
To learn more about Ere Perez, click here.
Sigue aquí el blog en español.