Sustainable Table – Old School shopping
It’s time to start preparing for the holidays. Make it special, but make it sustainable and try to limit the amount of waste you produce. Everybody loves saving when buying groceries, so why not reduce your rubbish and save money by buying in bulk!
Here are 5 good reasons to start buying in bulk:
1. Plastic Free - We all need to take care of our planet and reduce the amount of plastic we produce. So how about we start with plastic? Usually people recommend to use BPA free plastic safe, however, the plastic used as an alternative can still be just as harmful, so choose a glass bottle instead!
2. Less waste – Use reusable rather than disposable containers when bulk buying to cut down the amount of rubbish produced.
3. Buy what you need – Bulk-buying gives you the opportunity to control how much you buy. You scoop in whatever you need. This helps you save money as you are only paying for what you need!
4. Natural Ingredients – The more natural ingredients we eat and use, the better it is for our body. And natural ingredients come with less packaging.
5. No toxic preservatives - Avoid putting unnecessary “nasties” into your body! Try to avoid eating or applying products with toxic preservatives. Reading the ingredients on packaging can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to preservatives, some of which can’t even be pronounced. Preservatives are also responsible for allergic reactions in many people, particularly those with sensitive skin.
***************** Versión en español
Comercio Sustentable, Una Práctica que Beneficia al Medio Ambiente
Ya es tiempo de empezar a prepararnos para las fiestas decembrinas, hazlo de un modo especial, de manera sustentable y compra a granel para reducir la cantidad de basura que se produce. A todos nos encanta ahorrar al ir al supermercado, así que por qué no evitamos comprar comida empacada y compramos a granel.
Aquí te daremos 5 buenas razones para hacerlo: