Sign up to our newsletter now and get 10% off on your next online order!
September 29, 2020Guest Contributor
fudgy avocado brownies
Just like a classic brownie, but a whole lot more nutritious!
How do you make chocolate brownies just a little bit less naughty whilst still tasting just as rich and heavenly as ever? By adding avocado! You may think that chocolate and avocado should never be put in the same sentence, but we’re here to tell you it’s a game-changer. It’s time to mix up your avo toast and try our avo brownies instead!
Loaded with fibre, healthy fats, powerful antioxidants and an abundance of nutrients, avocado is a fantastic superfood that will do your insides a world of good. The best part? You can’t even taste it! The avocado helps create the irresistible fudgy texture that we all love without interfering with the deliciously rich chocolate flavour.
So when you feel like you need a treat but are trying to eat clean, whip up a batch of our avo brownies to munch on throughout the week without the loads of sugar and preservatives that are in your typical store-bought treats. You can thank us later!
◦ 1 ripe avocado (about 7 ounces; ½ cup mashed)
◦ ½ cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
◦ 4 tablespoons aquafaba
◦ 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
◦ ¼ cup almond butter
◦ 1 teaspoon baking powder
◦ ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC and line a 9-inch square baking dish with baking paper.
2. Mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork until fairly smooth or whiz up in the food processor.
3. Combine the avocado, cacao powder, aquafaba, coconut sugar, almond butter, baking powder, vanilla, and salt in a food processor and process until smooth.
4. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies looks cooked-through and are firm when giving the pan a gentle shake.
5. Set aside to cool completely so that you don’t get an overpowering flavour of avocado. You can either wait 2 hours for them to cool or place them in the fridge if you simply can’t wait that long!
6. Slice into small squares and serve. As this recipe is flourless and creates an extra-fudgy brownie, it’s normal if you find that they stick to the knife a little.
7. Store on the counter for up to 2 days or in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week.
by lexi daniels via https://jameswellnesscentre.com/fudgy-avocado-brownies/
“I’ve just discovered you and I am obsessed! I just bought your cypress face oil and it smells incredible and I love it. And I am very difficult to please.”
“moringa all-beauty crème is all I ever wanted in a cream and so much more!”
“I have never had so many compliments on my skin as I have when wearing this highlighter!
Emily, USA – Blogger
“this is the ONLY mascara I’ve ever found that holds the curl and gives length and volume that lasts all day with no smudging or flaking! I’m obsessed!”
“…I love the natural colours and texture of this makeup, and that you are not bamboozled by too many shades… it is the best makeup and skin care I have ever tried!”
“the concealer covers any. Thing. And it lasts all day. Its all on-camera quality. I 100% recommend. It’s true love.”
Geraldine Hakewill, Actress
“I love Ere Perez's products not only because they perform, but because I know they are good for my body, mind and soul. I am very particular about what I let touch my skin which is why I feel great using Ere Perez.”
Melissa Ambrosini – author
“The best vegan mascara I have tried. It does not budge and it's bold and black. My personal favourite but also a staple in my professional makeup kit.”
Liv Lundelius, MUA
“I love this company. One of the great pioneers of high performance, natural make-up that is affordable and beautifully packaged. I am always so happy to share the Ere Perez range with my readers and students as an example of a company built to do right by people and planet.”
Alexx Stuart – Author
“I love the Ere Perez highlighters, bronzers, tinted lip balms and eyebrow pencils. They look great even under the scrutiny of digital media, whether amped up for glamour or toned down for natural beauty they glow on the skin and don't cause breakouts”
Wendy DE WAAL, TV MUA
“The Carrot Colour Pots have the most beautiful creamy texture that blends seamlessly into the skin, while enhancing its appearance. Harmony is my go-to, the perfect dusty rose shade!”
Taylor Bronsky – Blogger
“I absolutely love the carrot pots - great texture and pigment that you can wear intense or sheer. They feel great on the skin and have great longevity.”
Lou Dartford – MUA
“I haven't often come across a brand like Ere Perez. It is honest, healthy and high quality Australian natural make-up at its finest”