I have been craving this salad almost everyday this beautiful warm summer down here in Australia. Mango & avocado are definitely two of my top favourite foods, so combining them in a salad is a dream come true. I've been bringing this dish to many vegan potlucks and celebrations, and I'm so stoked to say that my friends love it! (and have been asking for the recipe😉).
Enjoy this with friends, family, at birthdays, holidays, lunches & dinners! This is a very versatile salad which will go perfectly with any occasion.
Read on for the recipe...
• 2 mangos cubed
• 1 large bunch butter leaf lettuce
• 1-2 cups spinach
• 2 avocados cubed (save half for a decorative avocado fan)
• 1/2 large red onion diced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
• 1/2 cup coriander diced
• 1 common radish thinly sliced
• 1 watermelon radish thinly sliced
• 1 cucumber chopped
• 1/4 cup red, orange, or yellow chopped capsicum thinly sliced or cube cut
• 6 edible flowers (I used home-grown pansies)
• 2-3 tbsp lime juice
• 1 tsp garlic powder or dried garlic granules
• 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1. Put your chopped butter leaf lettuce, spinach, coriander, cucumber, common radish, and capsicum into a large bowl and well combine your salad base with the lime juice, garlic powder, or dried garlic granules, salt, and pepper.
2. Next, add in the mango, avocado (save half of an avocado for the topping later), onion, tomatoes and mix everything together using tongs or clean hands.
3. Thinly slice your leftover avocado half into long thin strips. Then gently and carefully cut out the avocado from it's skin and place it on top of the salad, spreading out the strips with your fingers. Sprinkle some chilli flakes across the avocado for decoration.
4. Then, thinly cut your watermelon radish into very thin slices and fan out the slices so they're overlapping each other on each side of the bowl.
5. Decorate with your edible flowers and garlic granules, and voila!
Wishing wellness & vitality to each and everyone one of you.
Thank you Olivia Harper,